Author Topic: 1991 nascar olds wips  (Read 7627 times)

MarkJ

1991 nascar olds wips
« on: October 17, 2020, 05:06:40 PM »

The kit

Charlie.D

Re: 1991 nascar olds wips
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 08:56:44 PM »
Looking forward to seeing it done. I've a extra set of those decals if needed
Charlie Daniel

MarkJ

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 04:04:52 PM »
Looking forward to seeing it done. I've a extra set of those decals if needed

Thanks, charlie. But the ones in the kit are in pretty good shape.

MarkJ

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 08:28:44 AM »
Chassis is about half complete. I painted the body tuesday and its still sticky to the touch. looks like there is trash on the body when I painted it but I know it was clean. I tryed to use that rustoleum paint again but looks like I should have gone another route.

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 12:55:47 PM »
This is cool Mark. Those gauge faces sure look good!!
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

MarkJ

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 08:28:17 AM »
Thanks, Gary. I was too lazy to make decals this time.

Olderndirt

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 08:48:15 AM »
Mark, for some reason I love this body style. It may be just that the roof line sets it apart from everything else. I guess I never saw those super cool wrapped headers, I’d buy a bunch of those if somebody marketed them. It looks like this build is going to be great. I love what you’ve done so far.

Olderndirt

MarkJ

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2020, 05:06:45 PM »
Thanks  Older. There is something about this model that isn't quite right . I'm just waiting for someone to figure it out and reveal it. No prize involved. Just knowing you figured it out  should be sufficient. We shall see who is the most observant around here. Its really no big deal. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2020, 07:26:09 PM »
........ There is something about this model that isn't quite right . I'm just waiting for someone to figure it out and reveal it. No prize involved. Just knowing you figured it out  should be sufficient. We shall see who is the most observant around here. Its really no big deal. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
     I'm going to guess carb and air cleaner.....valve covers look suspect ,too, but I cant quite figure it out if there is really anything going on with them. :-\
  Great start on your build btw
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

dirtmodwrench

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2020, 08:15:13 PM »
I'm going to say unless you're building a car to run at The Glen, the fuel cell is mounted with the fuel intake line on the right side of the car?

MarkJ

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2020, 07:55:22 AM »
........ There is something about this model that isn't quite right . I'm just waiting for someone to figure it out and reveal it. No prize involved. Just knowing you figured it out  should be sufficient. We shall see who is the most observant around here. Its really no big deal. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
     I'm going to guess carb and air cleaner.....valve covers look suspect ,too, but I cant quite figure it out if there is really anything going on with them. :-\
  Great start on your build btw

Your very warm Brian but not quite there yet.

MarkJ

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2020, 08:07:55 AM »
I'm going to say unless you're building a car to run at The Glen, the fuel cell is mounted with the fuel intake line on the right side of the car?

No thats not it Dirtmod. I wasnt even thinking about the fuel cell when I installed it cause I glued the trunk shut. Not even going to paint it. It might be something that is wrong with the model but not the glaring one i'm talking about.

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2020, 09:42:36 PM »
......Took me a while as I had to open up a few kits...some of those engine parts looked awfully familiar to me.
  AMT NASCAR S/B Ford Intake,Heads and water pump w/crank dampener
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

MarkJ

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2020, 09:32:44 AM »
......Took me a while as I had to open up a few kits...some of those engine parts looked awfully familiar to me.
  AMT NASCAR S/B Ford Intake,Heads and water pump w/crank dampener

Brian wins. Actually its a whole Ford engine with the intake put on backwards and the valve covers changed to look like a Chevy, somewhat. I used the Chevy engine in this kit for my Dale Earnhardt 79 Monte Carlo build, so I used the engine from a Bill Elliot amt thunderbird kit for this build. Most people who look at it wont even notice. At least not right away. I mean who would put a ford engine in an olds race car?

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2020, 01:34:42 PM »
Most people who look at it won't even notice. At least not right away.  I mean who would put a ford engine in an olds race car?
LOL...Smokey Unick
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."