Author Topic: Happy Turkey Day  (Read 1617 times)

Fordguy01

Happy Turkey Day
« on: November 24, 2020, 10:35:10 PM »
I need to take a moment to wish each and everyone of you and your families a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving.  I know that so many people - myself included will not be able to travel and be with family due to this dreaded corvid pandemic.  I certainly will do some face time with the family and I have been invited to my neighbors (my new family) for turkey day.  During this pandemic where get togethers and traveling are not recommended that we can enjoy just what we do have and with that being said I do strongly believe that the good lord is doing for us what we can't do for ourselves.  Enjoy the parades, football and the nice meal but beware of eating too much as that can cause nap time and that my friends will cut into modeling time.  Happy Turkey Day to all.

Fordguy aka Al

john2

Re: Happy Turkey Day
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 05:42:10 AM »
Very well said.  I think you covered it all right there. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

sentsat71

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 07:52:57 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

As for me, it will just be me, again....no complaints on my part.
Has been that way for me since 2012 or 2013....can't remember which year anymore...
My last get together was not with family, but a former co-worker,, her husband and her parents. which took place before I left NM.
It's where I was introduced to Mexican Train Domino game.....
Didn't get to play it this summer since my brother and his wife did not come back this summer from SoCal because of Covid.....
Guess you could call them "Summerbirds" instead of Snowbirds.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 06:46:00 AM by sentsat71 »
Ed K.

TarheelRick

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 08:07:22 AM »
The pandemic has definitely caused some shift in our family's original plan.  One cousin has been exposed and is in quarantine so all of those coming in from out of town are staying home.  Since my wife passed I was really looking forward to a family get-together.  Now it will be limited to my sister, her boyfriend, and me.  It's still family but not the get together planned.  That being said, it is still Thanksgiving and even though we are limited we can still be thankful for the wonderful things we have in this life.  Even during this pandemic and it's cause for closures and limitations I still feel we are blessed.  Many blessings to all of you as you celebrate.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Dirtman

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 04:35:29 PM »
Well, it finally happened. My wife and I both got tested positive for Covid. We've been quarantined for 11 days. I don't have any appetite and the food tastes terrible anyway. But...there a lot of people with worse problems. So to them, get well! Hopefully, everyone will get thru all this.

Rett

john2

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 06:04:36 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Rett.  Hope it goes away quickly. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4