Author Topic: ATTN: sprint car builders  (Read 2107 times)

GWSTEXAS

ATTN: sprint car builders
« on: March 15, 2021, 06:25:50 PM »
Hi All,
Good news! Finally, a chance to make those old Monogram/Revell sprint cars look fairly current!
I just learned that Big Donkey Resin has a new line of sprint car hoods and tail tanks for 1/24 scale sprint cars. Some are for relatively new cars and some are for classics like the Wolfgang Speedway Motors car, the Opperman Bogar car and the early Stanton cars. All in all there are 13 hoods and tail tanks in four different sizes. I understand that the hoods are $5.00 each and the tails are $4.00 each, but check with Big Donkey to confirm. These are not on the Big Donkey website, but you can email bigdonkey2@verizon.net for more info.
Now for the shameless plug. I have made decals for a number of older sprint cars including the Bogar car and the original Kenny Rogers Gambler and I hope to make a lot more for Big Donkey's new hoods.
I hope to have more information on the Circle Track Decals website soon.
Best,
Gary

Bob P.

Re: ATTN: sprint car builders
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 08:08:01 PM »
Larry, at Big Donkey Resin, will soon have hoods and nose pieces available for the older Trevis sprint cars. They will be compatible with the Monogram/Revell sprint kits also.

I will post pictures of the available parts within the next couple weeks. I will also post pictures of some of the most popular Trevis cars that raced in central Pa.

Bob

TonyK

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 09:01:27 AM »
He needs to update his website to show everything he's got. Last time I talked to him he was 3 weeks out on his products getting made and shipped so I understand why he doesn't have time to update. Seems he's doing well.

David Bogard

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 12:15:07 PM »
At a time when so many resin casters have bit the dust, I am thankful for Larry's contributions. Resin is a tedious and expensive endeavor and folks dive into it because the builders "want" it and "need" it. Then they mysteriously don't; they are all talk (model guys are like fisherman-mostly all talk), and the resin caster takes it in the teeth because he went in heavy and only sold 4 or 5 of the items.

I am delighted that a short track model car resin maker does not have time to update their website!! That means hobbyist are actually buying his products!! That means somebody somewhere must be building something!!
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

GWSTEXAS

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 10:40:02 AM »
Here are the pix I got from Big Donkey. I hope they help. Thanks!

Gary

dirtmodwrench

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2021, 06:37:32 PM »
Gary - Thanks for posting the pictures and descriptions, really helpful. I need to finish up a couple sprint cars in progress before I get an order into Larry, but this is great info to have.

Bob P.

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2021, 08:26:27 AM »
I wanted to add a little more information to the list of sprint car parts Big Donkey has available.
They have a Trevis sprint car package available.

The part number (TR-1) is the hood package with the injector box. parts shown in picture are included in the package. Hood, seat, belly pan and body side panels.

Hosted on Fotki

]The part number (TR-2) is the hood package with the nose cone and hood.  parts shown in picture are included in the package. Hood, nose cone, seat, belly pan and body side panels.

Hosted on Fotki

Here's a couple pictures of popular Trevis cars raced in central Pa.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki