Author Topic: This could be interesting......  (Read 2528 times)

Tom Birky

• Administrator
This could be interesting......
« on: May 17, 2021, 09:37:47 AM »
According to a discussion on another board Moebius has run test shots and we may see this before years end. Supposedly it has been in the works for quite awhile. Time will tell. Thinking it would look good with a Chevy square body cab.

Tb

TarheelRick

Re: This could be interesting......
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 10:20:12 AM »
Saw something similar on another forum, although it mentioned only the ramp bed with duals as being available along with the possibility of a snow plow. Would like to see a complete kit.  Could also be used with a Dodge cab.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

john2

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 10:29:00 AM »
Well.  If it is a complete  kit, might have to come out of retirement for that. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Tom Birky

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 11:47:41 AM »
I saw the proprietor of Moebius commented this is not the actual box art, but representative of the type of truck.

Tb

sentsat71

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 03:38:52 PM »
After seeing the various ramp haulers built in the past with single rear axlles, an now that the '72 Chevy P/U - wedge hauler as been brought back, this time with a '72 Chevy P/U/wedge hauler, are the standard P/U wheels and tires "accurate" for the wedge hauler?
Also seem to remember the second rear axle/differential is different this time around than it was when released a a '71 P/U - Wedge hauler, as I seem ro remeber cutting the frame off behind the molded on rear axle differential unlike the new release where one just adds the rear differential/drive line on te exiting frame and cutting off the sides of the P/U bed bottom to make room for the rear set of tires/wheels. The '72 MPC Chey P/U was issued with the tow truck parts that was reissued different times as Cooter's Tow Truck from the "Duke of Hazzard" TV series. I had both back in the day. The tow truck was finished or maybe even bought after moving to the LA Metro area in late March of '72...
Ed K.

john2

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 04:27:26 PM »
Just my humble opinion, but this one looks a whole lot more true to life  than that wedge thing. 

And I am way too old to do much scratching. 

TarheelRick

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 07:49:25 PM »
Just my humble opinion, but this one looks a whole lot more true to life  than that wedge thing. 

And I am way too old to do much scratching.
But John, if the itch is still there then, well, you must do what you must do.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

john2

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 08:32:52 PM »
Rick, I figure when you don't want to get up and look for a part or a tool, you really  shouldn't be messing with them. 

Charlie.D

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 09:44:23 PM »
I seen the mock up of the parts tree it looked like a nice build
Charlie Daniel

john2

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2021, 04:30:06 AM »
You and I really have a thing for haulers, don't we, Charlie ?

Charlie.D

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2021, 07:33:56 AM »
Yes sir we do. I'm getting ready to build another for club member
Charlie Daniel

Olderndirt

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2021, 09:07:17 AM »
I have a question. I’ve seen many haulers, and trailers, in conjunction with short track models. Why are there no push vehicles? When I was a kid some of the push vehicles at the track were nearly as exotic as the race cars.

Olderndirt

sentsat71

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2021, 09:27:49 AM »
Me, I've wanted to build one, since all the ones i had 50 years ago or so,  have long been tossed out.....My  "base" kit in mind is hte '34 Ford P/U  with the push bar, emergency lights, Tow boom, etc. coming from the MPC/AMT Datsun Monster rig. Had hoped they would have included the parts from the 1979 release (Tires/wheels/drivtrain) so one did not ave to build the monster truck, but they didn't and when R2 back dated it, they zipped passed that release for the original issue....Tires/wheels would come from the Revell Midnight Cowboy Two truck from back in the day. wold either use the stake bed, or the P/U bed, without the fenders....That Midnight Cowboy kit as the best 1-Ton tow truck ever produced that I've seen. And since R2 will not/ cannot reiissue the short bed GMC '67 to '73(?) era P/U, that is not an option to drop the tow bed from the Midnight Cowboy kit onto the GMC kit....
Ed K.

Tom Birky

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2021, 09:57:03 AM »