Author Topic: evergreen  (Read 2271 times)

pdaly28

evergreen
« on: August 20, 2021, 02:36:10 PM »
this may be the wrong place for this,but where do you buy your evergreen from.my source in spokane,wa closed there doors a year ago.sure do miss them! just looking for .062 rod and I think .040 sheet.as always thanks in advance! 8)

David Bogard

Re: evergreen
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 04:16:06 PM »
Fortunately my LHS carries all of it. Do you have a Hobby Town nearby? There is one of those here and they carry Evergreen. Online, you might try Hobbylinc.com. I have not used them but they seem to carry many things.
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 04:51:16 PM »
  This place comes highly recommended....
https://spruebrothers.com/
 Shipping cost are reasonable.
  if they don't have it chances are you dont need it ;)
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Maineboy

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2021, 08:14:36 PM »
Ebay!   I have bought evergreen products several times recently from vendors on Ebay. Some comes with free shipping. It pays to look around as prices vary from seller to seller for the same item. I am including a link to "Evergreen Styrene" search on ebay with 934 evergreen listings at the moment:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=evergreen+styrene+&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=evergreen+styrene+products&_osacat=0

Once you get to their search form I believe you can search for a particular product by size and/or part number.

Easy to use a credit or debit card on ebay or using Paypal even if not registered with Paypal. I have almost 3000 transactions as an ebay seller and have had an enjoyable time using the site.

MB
"Rodder, racer,  builder, farmer, backyard engineer"

Bob P.

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2021, 09:15:13 PM »
As David said above, Hobbylink.com. I but mine from them, good service and a lot of products available.

Bob

TarheelRick

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2021, 09:54:33 AM »
I have had good luck ordering directly from Evergreen, you might be surprised at some of the "different" selections of plastic they offer.

https://evergreenscalemodels.com/
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

pdaly28

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2021, 12:49:44 PM »
Rick,they wanted 12.95 shipping for a pkg of .040 sheet and .065 rod.I found a few guys on evil that will combine shipping

Maineboy

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2021, 07:39:39 PM »
I buy some stuff from Hobbylinc and they have a real good bunch of stock They have model kits on sale all the time. I get one of them now and then and that makes the shipping worthwhile. It is that way with lots of places. Shipping for a small item is awful but get enough stuff and the shipping is not so bad. One can of spray paint is high, but 3 cans can be shipped for about the same money.

MB
"Rodder, racer,  builder, farmer, backyard engineer"

john2

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2021, 08:05:39 AM »
 :) Hobby Lobby has a smattering of Evergreen plastic now.  Smattering being the key word.  Might do in a bind to get you over a hump. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

TarheelRick

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2021, 08:23:51 AM »
Rick,they wanted 12.95 shipping for a pkg of .040 sheet and .065 rod.I found a few guys on evil that will combine shipping

Hmmm, sorry about that.  I haven't ordered from them in a couple years, so I guess I may need to consider other avenues for suplies.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Olderndirt

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2021, 01:19:14 PM »
 Well, it’s a hundred and twenty miles round trip to the nearest hobby shop that is likely to stock much Evergreen product, so I get it off of Amazon. The price is reasonable, and I get it in two days. And, if I buy enough, they pay the freight.

Olderndirt

pdaly28

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2021, 01:34:05 PM »
  This place comes highly recommended....
https://spruebrothers.com/
 Shipping cost are reasonable.
  if they don't have it chances are you dont need it ;)
i live in florence az.the closest of anything like that is in phoenix.it's 40+ min away.thanks anyway

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2021, 06:20:22 PM »
.....That's why I included "Shipping cost are reasonable"  With the price of fuel 3 to 4 dollars more a gallon than it was this time last year >:(, getting it sent to your address would make more sense particularly if more than one item is ordered.  Sprew brothers often has online specials, so there could be further cost savings there as well.
  Several builders in the model club I belong to use Sprew brothers exclusively since finding items like Evergreen is hit or miss around here as well unless its something that Hobby Lobby or Michaels routinely carries.
  Hobbylink.com is another fine site as others have stated....E-Bay tends to be here today gone tomorrow as far as building material goes....cant tell you how many times I've ordered model building items only to find out that the seller no longer has what I need to order again.   
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2021, 03:06:17 PM »
Folks...you can order directly from them here. I've been doing it that way for 15 yrs now. I never run out! Here's the link. Hope this will help you...
https://evergreenscalemodels.com/ 
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

pdaly28

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2021, 07:34:47 PM »
i just ordered from evergreen