Author Topic: Hallelujah  (Read 1069 times)

john2

Hallelujah
« on: December 12, 2022, 10:45:57 AM »
 :) :)  I have a modified in hand !!
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Tom Birky

• Administrator
Re: Hallelujah
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 10:55:22 AM »
Awesome!! I can't wait to hear more. I'm reading on some other forums that the parts are a pretty snug fit so they advise against superglue as the thickness will affect parts fit even more. Sounds like liquid glue is the way to go.

Have fun with it John!  Tom

john2

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 08:31:44 PM »
 :)  Thank you. 

I know nothing about anything as sophisticated as all that under the body.  They don't name the parts -  just give you the numbers and the pictures.  I think I can build it. 

All I know about cars is what I have learned by building models.  I did take a tune up class one time  by community enrichment.  Takes a rocket scientist to work on them now.

I see a lot of dented up cars running around these days.   And ones with one headlight out.   Probably cost several hundred to change a headlight.  Take one unit out and slap another one in as easy as using a wall socket.  Just take a minute or so.  Make big money. 

Things have sure changed in my lifetime.  Oh, well.

Tom Birky

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 09:26:41 PM »
I hear you John. My daughter had an '09 Malibu. Dealercwanted $250 to change a headlight bulb. Checked youtube, turns out you have to drop the whole front bumper cover to replace the bulb! She drove it up to visitbus one weekend from St. Louis, i changed them both, but without the video I never would have found a couple of sneaky hidden bolts. Like you, alot of us learned about cars building models. You'll do fine on that modified!
Tom

TonyK

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2022, 07:06:49 AM »
The Salvino's kits I've built all are very tight fitting so not surprised to hear these are too.

john2

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2022, 07:13:19 AM »
 :)  Thanks, everybody.