Author Topic: more near modifies and parts  (Read 1524 times)

pdaly28

more near modifies and parts
« on: December 12, 2022, 12:06:58 PM »
Hurd Hobbies.com  a little pricey for complete mod kits but the parts are super!

Wakefan77

Re: more near modifies and parts
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 03:38:23 PM »
Agreed.  I have been buying some parts from him just to check em out.  Very detailed!

Big Orange

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 10:04:53 PM »
Glenn’s cars, while pricey, actually look more proportionally like the 1:1 cars, through my eyes. The bodies look more authentic, and the wheels/tires seem to be scaled more realistically. Between all that is now available, the possibilities are endless.
My worst day of building STILL beats my best day at work !!

Wakefan77

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 06:30:13 PM »
Agreed about the Hurd Hobbies cars.  They look "better" than the Wes cars.  I just can't pay that price.

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 09:58:33 PM »
....Looks to be a decent amount of individual parts available albeit the kit prices are too rich for my blood as well
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Wakefan77

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2023, 07:49:29 AM »
I have been buying some parts here and there to try on the Wes mod.  I am finishing up a 1985 Waltrip car and then I will dive into this modified.  I am letting folks build and studying their pics before I start building. 

I am not sure how many of the parts are compatible from the Hurd cars over the Wes mod but I will give it a go.  Both kits look awesome but if they were priced the same,  I would probably lean more toward the Hurd kits.  Either way,  they've solved my main gripe of not having a true "modern" modified kit.  I'm looking forward to building one.