Author Topic: Tim Brown Bowman Gray Mod  (Read 1305 times)

Wakefan77

Tim Brown Bowman Gray Mod
« on: September 17, 2023, 02:21:16 PM »
I know there are some complaints about these kits and I agree with some of those complaints.  My only complaint is I don't have a lot of time to build.  I only build about 2 cars a year and really enjoy building but with 3 kids and work,  time isn't on my side.  Anyhow,  here is my Tim Brown Bowman Gray mod from 2019 "ish".  I started this back in February and finished last night. 

I added several Hurd Hobbies parts and modified (no pun intended) some things on my own.  The mods are my favorite racecars and I'm super glad these kits are out there to build.  For me it's patience and not trying to build 15 of these in a year.  I know there are some things on this build that aren't 100 percent accurate but I tried to get that as close as possible. Thanks for looking.

share picture
 image hosting free

Speedracer

Re: Tim Brown Bowman Gray Mod
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2023, 03:35:20 PM »
Great looking modified! Thank you so much for sharing it with us

Volzfan59

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2023, 07:01:11 PM »
You may only get to build two models a year but if this is any example, my lord! The car is beautiful, your attention to detail is amazing.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

daverace

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2023, 11:34:37 AM »
great looking car

Wakefan77

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2023, 06:23:34 AM »
Thanks everyone!

TarheelRick

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2023, 03:22:54 PM »
Never have been a big fan of Tim Brown, but that is one nice looking model. Excellent detail work.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.