Author Topic: Anyone for a Gremlin Late Model??  (Read 8379 times)

sentsat71

Anyone for a Gremlin Late Model??
« on: June 26, 2017, 05:10:26 PM »
go to www.fairmontspeedwayarchives.com

go to photo section....go to year 1979....scroll down until you see the #76 driven by Ken Peterson....

Also starting at year 1971, one can see how the late models started to change over the years.....

Ed K.

TarheelRick

Re: Anyone for a Gremlin Late Model??
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 01:43:36 PM »
Thanks for this link.  I happened to notice one particular sedan in the '65 photos and followed him through '69 and there was a drastic change in his equipment - from a high-top sedan to a low slung tube framed coupe style.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

sentsat71

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 03:11:22 PM »
Though I really didn't notice the change that much as I didn't make many races at the Fairmont track until 1969, after 1970, made a number of races at the Jackson, MN track that ran modified, during the 1971 season, but, was in Southern Calif by the end of March 1972. Made it home for vacation in 1976 and went to the Jackson track and the modifieds were full blown sprints, but they had to run "roofs" as part of the package to be called modifieds, as the track under the local VFW at that time was using the slogan, "Home of the Modifieds". While other classes of cars are on the program today at the Jackson track they are still known as a sprint car track, running 305 CI enginned sprints, 360's and 410's, all winged....  :(   
Did spend more nights at the Fairmont track in 1971 following the Late Models of the time.
Ed K.

ModelCarMan AKA Ricky

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 08:27:06 AM »
Alot of cool photos on that site!  Thanks!