Author Topic: Tools  (Read 15136 times)

pdaly28

Re: Tools
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 09:32:35 PM »
:)  Just a thought that you can put in your file of practically worthless information --

On the emery boards that I sand with, I have cut them into thinner  widths to use in narrow spots.

But y'all probably knew that already.   ;D
I don't knowwhere I would find them,maybe h/l......I just never thought of it...thanks John!

john2

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 03:13:57 AM »
 :)  Very easy, Pat.  What most around here call sanding sticks, are just emery boards.  Any lady will have one  in her purse.  Also, you can  get some at "your favorite store "  meaning any place that sells ladies' cosmetics.  Right there with the lipstick and eye shadow.  lol     Probably a package of 10 or 12 for a couple of bucks.

Just trim them longways with your scissors, and you are in business. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Olderndirt

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 08:03:09 AM »
I used to go to the local drugstores cosmetics dept. for emery boards, and stuff, until my wife told me how stupid that was. She sent me to Dollar Tree where they have a giant section of nail care products that are model builder friendly, and dirt cheap. Some of the sanding sponges are the bomb. And the nail polish section is a great place to find that stand out color your race car needs.

Olderndirt

pdaly28

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2017, 01:11:27 PM »
cool!thanks guys ;D