Author Topic: 1/18 Dirt ...Sprint car/SuperModified  (Read 13247 times)

pdaly28

Re: Dirt ...Sprint car/SuperModified
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 02:01:54 PM »
I have a couple AMT nascar ford engines.I am not going to build it as a casey luna car though.It will be decal less,White body and non wing for my 1st one.If I get hooked on these I am in trouble!

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 02:44:26 PM »
I have a couple AMT nascar ford engines.I am not going to build it as a casey luna car though.It will be decal less,White body and non wing for my 1st one.If I get hooked on these I am in trouble!
LOL...well..let me WARN ya...they are kinda cool. Wingless and no sponsors sounds like a Local car...way cool. there are a few guys who run the vintage sprintcar circuit up here that have a 430 hp V-6 that they're running. I just talked to him last Saturday at a Model Show in Portland,Or. I want to see these guys run next year. I'm thinking of maybe doing a Replica build of it.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

pdaly28

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 04:51:35 PM »
I used to live 1mile away from state line and watched(not heard)them run there in post falls!.Before going deaf,you could hear them like they were in the back yard!I loved it!

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 05:22:05 PM »
Way cool...They said that that's one of the tracks they run...along with Shasta,Ca....South Sound,Wa...Wenatchee,Wa..Yakima,Wa State line,Id. I'm not sure that's all of them but...I can make at least 2 of those. If I knew what weekend they ran a Shasta...I'd drive down as I grew up 2 miles from that track. Annnd like you...I could hear those bad boys hot lappin after mud-in. Man...does that get the juices going or what!! LOL
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."