Author Topic: L&M Finished  (Read 10253 times)

Rich Sipos

L&M Finished
« on: May 13, 2018, 09:33:29 AM »
I 've been going to post the finished pictures for awhile but life has been hectic, here they are enjoy Rich
P7310151 by Richard Sipos, on FlickrP7310148 by Richard Sipos, on FlickrF1]P7310149[/url] by Richard Sipos, on Flickr

Dirtman

Re: L&M Finished
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 10:07:41 AM »
Cool car! I know it doesn't sound right but, this car is "cute". Race cars are supposed to be "manly" not cute.....lol I really do like this one!!!

Rett

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 12:22:15 PM »
Man Rich...your work is very inspiring. This car just looks awesome. It sure brings back some great memories.

Cool car! I know it doesn't sound right but, this car is "cute". Race cars are supposed to be "manly" not cute.....lol I really do like this one!!!

Rett
LOL...Hey Rett...my Mother said the same thing on my 1/43 modified. I of course...had to say the same thing as you did..."MOM...Racecars aren't cute...babies are cute...girls are cute...Racecars are Manly....not cute." We had a good laugh over that one...
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

Bob P.

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 02:46:34 PM »
Very nice build Rich as always. It really looks good.

Bob

sentsat71

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 08:42:05 AM »
Cool build....!!

Great job on this one!!
Ed K.

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 07:48:39 AM »
Very cool little Willys, Rich!!!  Looks manly to me!!!
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Caso86

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2021, 07:52:05 AM »
Rich,
  The L&M is absolutely beautiful.  I probably saw it with the six, but it was my first time at the races and alot to take in. Easter Sunday,1965. I clearly remember this car later with a V8 and Newt Palm in the seat. The best days ever at the Speedbowl.
Regards,
Chris

Olderndirt

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2021, 11:40:50 AM »
 That Willys with trunk folded back under brought back memories of when you weren’t allowed to shorten, or cut off the trunk of the car. So, the ever clever racers didn’t cut the trunk off, they just bent it down, either nicely like this one, or just hammered it flat. Soon the rules changed, and cars got the cropped body work wer’re more used to. Great build by the way. I love the layer over six banger.

Olderndirt

David Bogard

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2021, 12:02:56 PM »
That really came out nice Rich! That little coupe was a two-time track champion at New London with Newt behind the wheel!
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

Marty W

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2021, 06:53:20 PM »
I really like this one, Rich. I have never seen an triple angled radiator screen like that before. It is also good to see a six for variety!

john2

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2021, 06:18:52 AM »
An old war horse for sure.  Kinda root beer color.  Great job.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Caso86

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2021, 07:28:26 AM »
    Back in the day, a number of Waterford cars ran the bent-down trunk. They were sometimes referred to as Waterford Bob-tails. A couple examples are the Bunnells 318 from '67. the blue M-car driven by Bill Scrivener n '67, and the '66 champion 716 driven by Charlie Webster.
    As a historical note, Stan "Stash" Majiewski (spelling?) builder of the L&M and M, lived in Westbrook next to his brother-in-law, Fred Beaber, builder and owner of the 716's. Both were very good builders as history shows.
Regards to all,
Chris

Hondo

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2021, 08:41:53 AM »
Nice job, Rich.
It looks perfect.

TarheelRick

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2021, 09:12:51 AM »
Definitely one fine looking Willys modified.  Don't know how often those bodies were used, but they make sweet short track racers.  May have to challenge you to a few laps.
https://i.imgur.com/tvJ8ZJn.jpg?1[/img]]
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Olderndirt

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2021, 11:40:07 AM »
 Willys coupes were used quite a bit before they became so popular with the drag racing crowd. But, its sometimes hard to tell if the body on some of the later modifieds are Willys, or Lincoln Zephyrs, once the windows are hogged out, and the tail is shortened.

Olderndirt