Author Topic: 23 t-bucket WIP  (Read 7512 times)

Dirtman

23 t-bucket WIP
« on: June 10, 2018, 03:00:09 PM »
IMG_4888 by Rett Rundell, on Flickr

Taking a break from race cars. Picked this up from David been having fun so far. No mods, no lettering, wow, what a change! LOL. Bodies is painted, interior almost done, just OOB mostly.

Dirtman

Re: 23 t-bucket WIP
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 09:21:24 PM »
Fun, but sort of delicate. That front axle assembly was not the easiest I've  ever done. Other than that okay.....I'm building this one like I would have built a real one I had many years ago and never finished. Custom chassis and as much chrome as I could throw at it. Thing is, someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse, so it went down the rode....lol Anyway, I'm enjoying this one.

Rett

sentsat71

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 10:12:16 AM »
Lookin' good there, Rett
Ed K.

Dirtman

Re: 23 t-bucket WIP It's done!
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 03:36:36 PM »
IMG_4903 by Rett Rundell, on FlickrIMG_4899 by Rett Rundell, on FlickrIMG_4901 by Rett Rundell, on FlickrIMG_4895 by Rett Rundell, on FlickrIMG_4894 by Rett Rundell, on FlickrIMG_4895 by Rett Rundell, on Flickr

OOD except for paint detail, plug and coil wires. Had a ball doing this one

sentsat71

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 09:36:40 AM »
WOW!!
Really looks SHARP!!!

Every now and then I think about grabbing one of these kits, but have always found another kit I want more....

However, I still have the original(?) issue from 1967(?) as that was I bought the original Little "T", then bought a reissue in 1975 (!st reissue?)
Both are in need of a little TLC.....just noticed the '75 release changed the tires/wheels and intake manifold and carbs....but the exhaust was basically the same, though without the caps on the end and the section going to the mufflers between the frame rails. Guess I feel I haven't the need for a 3rd one.....maybe time will tell since Revell/Monogram is for the most part, now history.
Ed K.

Lefturns75

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 10:02:23 AM »
After seeing this little jewel, it makes me want to hit the stash and dig out my original Little T.  Soon as I finish up this next stocker, I might just do that for a change.  Very nice job on this Rett, should you get tired of it, send it my way and I would be happy to have it in my display!!!   Old Roundy Pounders never fade away, they just build cool street rods!!

Dirtman

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 03:56:03 PM »
After seeing this little jewel, it makes me want to hit the stash and dig out my original Little T.  Soon as I finish up this next stocker, I might just do that for a change.  Very nice job on this Rett, should you get tired of it, send it my way and I would be happy to have it in my display!!!   Old Roundy Pounders never fade away, they just build cool street rods!!
Yer right there! I had several real street rods and customs after I quit racing. Now they are all in miniature and that's okay. Cheaper and easier to work on!!! I did this one just for a "change". Might even build another street rod just for the heck of it. Then I want to get back to building some more of my old race cars....
BUILD ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rett