Author Topic: Introduce yourself.....  (Read 93018 times)

Dirtman

Re: Introduce yourself.....
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2018, 07:55:23 AM »
Hey Marty! Nice to see you on here. A lot of the old gang is here and you will be a great addition!!

Rett

john2

« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2018, 03:34:48 PM »
 :)  I remember too, Marty.  I think we did some 1/16 stuff years ago, and I remember your 1/8 coupes. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Charlie.D

« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2018, 05:36:14 PM »
good to have another person from Fred's
Charlie Daniel

Marty W

« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2018, 12:34:28 AM »
Thanks for the welcome back, guys!

Marty W

« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2018, 04:12:45 PM »
:)  I remember too, Marty.  I think we did some 1/16 stuff years ago, and I remember your 1/8 coupes.

Yeah, we did, didn't we? Mine was a 1/16 '31 Ford sedan California "Hot Rod" class dirt jalopy.

john2

« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2018, 08:02:46 PM »
 :)  Yes. Mine was the Ford sedan too, and I did a semi replica of a Red Farmer F-97.  Just this past week, I took the body and  hood off, stripped the paint and am now going to do a Freddy Fryar 48 semi replica.

Lotta hand lettering to do on it.  Hope it goes well.

Bob P.

« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2018, 07:06:00 AM »
Welcome to the forum Marty,

I think I got one or two engines from you when we were on Fred's old forum.

Bob

Fordguy01

« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2018, 06:37:19 PM »
Thank you for letting me join your forum and I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  I must admit that I watched on the other forum but only as a  lurker and was blown away by all the great work I saw.  I have been a racing fan since age 3 and a modeler since 9.  I grew up n SE Wisconsin attending races at Jefferson, Wisconsin Dells, Columbus and Capital speedway in Oregon.  I like to refer to  Capital speedway as  great little racetrack with a town attached as I grew up in Oregon.  I spent time working on Mike Jacobson's late model stock car, a 1958 Ford.  Mike ran 390 and 427 Ford motors and I also bought 56 Ford Hobby stock and raced once when I broke my knee in a regular car accident.  Knee got well ad I joined Uncle Sam's Aero Club aka USAF and spent about 21 years there.  I also was on a couple of pit crews while in South Dakota.  I currently attend races at Eagle and I-80 in Nebraska have also been to Knoxville U.S. 36 speedway in Missouri and McCool Junction also in Nebraska.  I like to build almost everything but I really like to build stock cars and modifieds.  Hope to get back with you guys soon.  Thanks Al 

Marty W

« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2018, 06:47:19 PM »
Welcome, Fordguy! Glad to see you transitioned from lurker to active member! Looking forward to seeing your builds.

Marty

john2

« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2018, 08:15:17 PM »
 :)  Welcome Al.  Look forward to having you build with us.

Dirtman

« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2018, 10:15:09 PM »
Welcome Al. Looking forward to seeing your builds. I also am from Wisconsin. My home track was Hales Corners, but ran Cedarburg and Slinger when it was dirt. Ran my sportsman at Capitol a couple of times. My dad had a home on Lake Kegonsa for many years....

Rett

sentsat71

« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2018, 07:18:04 AM »
Welcome Al...!

Glad to have you aboard...!!
Ed K.

Bob P.

« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2018, 07:38:11 AM »
Welcome Al, Looking forward to seeing some of your builds soon.

Bob

Fordguy01

« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2018, 09:39:55 AM »
Many thank for the welcome here.  I look forward to chatting with you guys and showing my builds .  This could take a while as I don't have a camera as of yet plus my computer skills are really lacking.  It has taken me this long to find my original post and hear back from you guys.  I also have a question on one of the posts about  prepping resin bodies/pieces.  1)  Do you still soak items in bleach white?  and 2) Do you guys have any problem with me sharing this info with my club members as many of the guys work with resin?  and one more thing, Mr. Bogard did you get my information you asked for?  Thanks everyone

Al

steven

« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2018, 09:29:04 PM »
welcome abaord. one other thing i do is i was my resin in warm water and dawn dish soap with a soft toothbrush. never had a problem.
If you bought it a trucker hauled it.

I mind is a terrible thing to waste....has anybody seen mine??????