Author Topic: 1965 Jim Paschal Chevy  (Read 9431 times)

MarkJ

Re: 1965 Jim Paschal Chevy
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2020, 08:28:51 AM »
Heres what the model looks like after the white decals are put on.

BobD

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2020, 04:27:16 PM »
GREAT job on this build Mark!  I dont remember this car, but you did some super work all the way around!

Bob P.

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2020, 08:20:34 PM »
Excellent build and great job with the decals also.

Bob

MarkJ

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2020, 07:38:41 AM »
Heres what the real car looked like

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2020, 06:10:37 PM »
That white looks GOOD Mark! Was it a pain in the patootee to apply?
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

steven

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2020, 07:25:14 PM »
Wow first time I seen this car in color and with the sponcer markings.
If you bought it a trucker hauled it.

I mind is a terrible thing to waste....has anybody seen mine??????

MarkJ

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2020, 08:15:23 AM »
That white looks GOOD Mark! Was it a pain in the patootee to apply?

Actually Gary, If you put on enough fixatent the decals go on very nicely. You have to use 2 light coats from 12 inches and wait ten minutes between coats. Then do a third coat from much closer where you can see that your putting it on wet so it will be smooth and glossy. If not the decals will look like they are orange peeled. not good. Some people say you dont need fixatent with laser decals because the toner is water proof, but dont listen to them. The decals with out fixatent are so thin they are almost impossible to work with . Also I changed fixatent . i now use "Preserve it" a product made by krylon . It drys super fast. That's why you have to get close with it on your final coat or it will orange peel badly. You just cant get so close that you make it run. Thats not good either. It's definitely a learning process with these laser decals.

Gary Davis

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2020, 12:26:24 PM »
Thanks for the reply Mark. Man....sure seems like a big hassle eh? With all that work your's sure turned out GREAT!
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

MarkJ

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2020, 05:00:37 AM »
Thanks for the reply Mark. Man....sure seems like a big hassle eh? With all that work your's sure turned out GREAT!

Yes its a lot of work but better then trimming the ink jet decals on the model. Thats a real pain.

ARCA Guy

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2020, 11:55:03 AM »
Another nice one Mark! I always like to see the rare cars being built.

MarkJ

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2020, 08:48:56 AM »
I have to change what I said about fixatent above. I'm now using Future  (Pledge floor finish) as the fixatent for the decals. i just put one coat with a large soft brush and it works a lot better then the spray can fixatent I mentioned above. I get a lot more consistent results with the future and the decals look better after they are installed then they do with the spray can fixatent.

spotter23

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2021, 11:52:10 AM »
I love it!
"Looking Cheap Ain't Cool & Looking Cool Ain't Cheap

Gary Davis

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2021, 05:15:41 PM »
I have to change what I said about fixatent above. I'm now using Future  (Pledge floor finish) as the fixatent for the decals. i just put one coat with a large soft brush and it works a lot better then the spray can fixatent I mentioned above. I get a lot more consistent results with the future and the decals look better after they are installed then they do with the spray can fixatent.
Great tip Mark....I'm going to try that soon.

MarkJ

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2021, 12:50:18 PM »
Great tip Mark....I'm going to try that soon.

Be careful. The future is hotter than you might think. I used it on some inkjet decals, and it melted the ink a little. It works great on laser decals. Laser decals are not ink. They are tiny bits of colored plastic melted together to make an image. That's why small images like contingency decals are not as crisp using an inexpensive laser printer like the one I use.

Duane Garner

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2021, 12:56:32 PM »
Nice work!