Author Topic: 1965 Jim Paschal Chevy  (Read 9681 times)

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
Re: 1965 Jim Paschal Chevy
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2021, 02:42:49 PM »

Be careful. The future is hotter than you might think. I used it on some inkjet decals, and it melted the ink a little. It works great on laser decals. Laser decals are not ink. They are tiny bits of colored plastic melted together to make an image. That's why small images like contingency decals are not as crisp using an inexpensive laser printer like the one I use.
Thanks Mark. I've got some old AMT decals I want to try and save. Do ya think the Future will work on them? They're pretty old.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

MarkJ

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2021, 08:51:42 AM »

Be careful. The future is hotter than you might think. I used it on some inkjet decals, and it melted the ink a little. It works great on laser decals. Laser decals are not ink. They are tiny bits of colored plastic melted together to make an image. That's why small images like contingency decals are not as crisp using an inexpensive laser printer like the one I use.
Thanks Mark. I've got some old AMT decals I want to try and save. Do ya think the Future will work on them? They're pretty old.

Cut off a part of the decal sheet that has some lettering or something that doesn't really go on the model as a decal and try some future on it as a test. i'm guessing it would work fine. I'm sure they are not ink jet decals. Just one light coat should do the trick but give it a good 24 hours to cure.

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2021, 12:25:38 PM »

Cut off a part of the decal sheet that has some lettering or something that doesn't really go on the model as a decal and try some future on it as a test. i'm guessing it would work fine. I'm sure they are not ink jet decals. Just one light coat should do the trick but give it a good 24 hours to cure.
I forgot that I had a few bottles of the Microscale Liquid Decal Film. I will try this as it's made for that specific situation. Thanks for your info Mark. I'll let you know how well it works with 2K or Mr. clear.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

Wakefan77

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2022, 03:42:36 PM »
Fantastic build!

Tom Birky

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2022, 04:06:25 PM »
I missed this one. Super cool! Love the old stockers. Lots of fun little details too! Thx for sharing it Mark.

Tom

MarkJ

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2023, 08:17:27 AM »
Thanks, Wake and Tom. I appreciate the feed back