Author Topic: Introduce yourself.....  (Read 90234 times)

Tom Birky

• Administrator
Re: Introduce yourself.....
« Reply #135 on: July 19, 2019, 09:56:27 PM »
Welcome to our board Mr. Chapman! I think you'll like it here.

tom

sentsat71

« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2019, 09:05:05 AM »
Welcome Mr. Chapman....
Ed K.

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2019, 12:03:00 PM »
  Welcome aboard.......what type of dirt cars do you build?
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Hondo

« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2019, 07:50:34 PM »
Welcome, Greg.
Looking forward to seeing what types you're building.
Enjoy !

Alan Barton

« Reply #139 on: July 26, 2019, 06:39:52 AM »
Hi guys, you might remember me as ausbodies.  I haven't been on here for about two years after my profile went AWOL and wouldn't let me back on.  Been lurking ever since!

The thing is, I use computers every day at work and the things drive me crazy so when the cyber-nasties strike in my off -time I tend to drop the lip and go and sulk in the corner.  Anyhow, the other day I thought, what the heck, I'll try and start a new account and see if it works.  So far, looks like it does.

I am still building but my job these days keeps me away from the modelling bench more than I would like. I haven't been finishing as many models of any type and unfortunately my dirt track builds (you know we call them speedway down under!) have really suffered because about two and a half years ago I accepted the responsibility of writing a monthly model car column in Australian Street Rodding magazine.  It's great fun although the deadlines come around scary fast.  Better yet, I get paid for it which lets me spend a bit more on models without hitting the savings account.  But it does mean that nearly all my builds in that time have been hot rod based rather than speedway.

So, a quick summary, I am 61, have been building since I was 8, and work for a mining equipment company as a product trainer.  I drive a 1929 Ford A roadster hot rod with a 350 Chevy as a daily as much as I can.  I enjoy building pretty much every category of dirt car plus hot rods, nostalgia drag cars, Aussie cars and the occasional classic 50s and sixties Ford or Chevy. It's great to see all the old stagers here as well as a bunch of new guys.  I probably wont be as prolific as I was back in the days of Fred's but I will pop in from time to time and if I can work out a way of posting photos without locking into contracts with a hosting mob (I just don't need the grief of fighting with computer companies) then I hope to post some builds as well.

Cheers
Alan

Dirtman

« Reply #140 on: July 26, 2019, 08:20:30 AM »
Welcome back! I remember you and some of your awesome builds. Looking forward to seeing you hot rod builds. That's been a major part of my life also. I had a flamed '40 Ford that I built back in the eighties. Plus a bunch of others, 32s, 41 pu and more. My modeling time is a little less too. I'm going to be 79 soon and just bought a newer HD.  A 2015 HD Tri Glide and we ride as much as we can 'cause life gets real short. Anyway, welcome back.

Rett/Dirtman

sentsat71

« Reply #141 on: July 26, 2019, 10:59:04 AM »
Welcome back, Alan!!
Ed K.

Bob P.

« Reply #142 on: July 26, 2019, 03:52:05 PM »
Welcome back Allen.

I remember some of your builds from the past and I'm looking forward to seeing some of your new builds.

Bob

Alan Barton

« Reply #143 on: July 26, 2019, 07:57:37 PM »
Good to be back guys, thanks for the welcome.  Rett, I will see if I can get some of my 40 Ford models posted for you to check out.

Cheers
Alan

Dirtman

« Reply #144 on: July 26, 2019, 10:03:32 PM »
Good to be back guys, thanks for the welcome.  Rett, I will see if I can get some of my 40 Ford models posted for you to check out.

Cheers
Alan

Looking forward to them!!

Rett

Hondo

« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2019, 03:06:30 PM »
Good day, Mate.......
Great to see you over here, AB.

Guys, if you aren't familiar with this guy, hang on. He has some "ripper" race car building skills.  8)

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2019, 06:37:34 PM »
Hey there Alan!!!  It's great to have you back!!!  I'm glad you still have your hands in the plastic no matter what genre!!!  Pop in when you can!!! 😎🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Frank M

« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2021, 09:38:07 PM »
Hello,
My name is Blaine (Frank) Miller.
Thank you to the admis for accepting me to this site.
I have not built a car model, until last year, in 48 years.
Although I continued to build aircraft and armor during this gap.
I am very familiar with the local entries that Bob D is building, as I to, grew up attending the Sunday night races at Tunis Speedway.
All the work being done here is amazing.
Thank you
Frank M.

David Bogard

« Reply #148 on: April 12, 2021, 09:55:07 PM »
Thank you for introducing yourself Frank. I look forward to anything you choose to post and I'm sure you will be a welcome contributor!
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

David Bogard

« Reply #149 on: April 12, 2021, 09:56:08 PM »
Alan- C'mon ausbodies, let's see some of your fine work!!
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/